MTV, eager to cultivate new youth audiences on screens other than those belonging to a TV set, said it would revive its popular series “Cribs” as a short-form programme designed specifically for the instant-messaging app Snapchat. In a retooled version, artists and celebrities will be able to guide Snapchat users through their homes by speaking to camera, providing fans with an intimate experience. Keep an eye out for its launch in June. Please do share anything interesting you spot on Twitter with #OMDFWD
- Q1 financial results are out and causing a stir: Apple’s revenue was down YOY for the first time since before the iPhone; Facebook continues to grow, with 66% of users now accessing daily; Twitter continues to struggle for growth; and AWS once again sees Amazon post profit.
- Google is experimenting with allowing publishers to post directly into search results.
- Nokia’s back in the game (the gadget game) buying promising connected objects company Withings, it’s first acquisition in years.
- Snapchat overtakes Instagram for teens in the US.
- Using Foursquare to predict footfall and sales, a Chipotle case study.
- Benchmarks for native and premium ads, including mobile vs desktop.
- TV + VR: top French TV series launches VR spin-off.
- Jägermeister’s Instagram hack.
- MTV is bringing back ‘Cribs’ – for Snapchat only.